- Select control module 5F in VAG-COM/VCDS
- Select "Advanced ID - 1A"
- Submit the value from the "Serial number" field in the form below. If there's more than one serial number, use the first one!
- Select "Security Access - 16"
- Enter the personal login-code provided below
- Press "Do It!". If you receive a "code not valid" message try the alternative code. If neither code works it's likely that your control module doesn't support VIM adaptation.
- Select "Adaptation - 10"
- Select channel 48
- Press read
- Set the value to 255
- Press test
- Press save
- Press "Done, Go Back", close the controller and quit the software
- Restart the MMI: Press and hold down the function keys 1 (SETUP), the control button 2 and the control key at the top right 3 simultaneously until the MMI system shuts down. Release keys -> MMI system reboots.
- Restarting the MMI on newer models with the touchpad system: It simply changes from using the SETUP button to the MENU button, the other two buttons remain the same (thanks for reporting this!)